The School of Art Galleries runs two gallery spaces in the city campus of RMIT University: Project Space / Spare Room Gallery (Building 94.2) and The School of Art Gallery (Building 2.B). These art galleries hold exhibitions on a monthly or semi-monthly basis and showcase the work of both local and international artists.
Gallery volunteers are welcome to give as much or as little time as they have in their schedules. We frequently require assistance for exhibition installations, openings and basic gallery administration, but are quite keen to tailor projects to the skills and interests of volunteers. Through volunteering we hope to provide you with:
- an understanding of the contemporary art climate
- professional development of communication, teamwork and administrational skills
- the practical hands-on opportunity for exhibition installation and art-handling experience
- the ability to interact with local, national and international artists on projects of cultural significance
- the capacity to create and develop projects that complement your own skills and showcase your capabilities and enthusiasm to future employers
If you are interested helping out, please contact us for more information.
School of Art Galleries
(t) 9925 4971